Thursday, July 07, 2016

Geronimooooo!

So, what do you give a kid young adult to celebrate his high school graduation?

Well, if you're my adventurous brother-in-law and sister-in-law, you give him an opportunity to have his very life flash before his eyes.
Er, to jump out of a perfectly good airplane.
That is, to go sky-diving.
And, if you're my husband - you decide to defy gravity right alongside him.
Which means, if you're me, for about half an hour you're putting your faith in a lot of metal, a few big pieces of nylon, various straps, and some thick string.

First there was this:

Then this:

And this:

Which was followed by this:

And then, we waited for quite a while. Until we saw this:
At which point I could relax a bit, seeing with my own two eyes that both parachutes had opened. *wink*

And before too long, I could even tell it was Josh underneath that canopy.

Annnnd, he came in for a safe landing!

Followed shortly by his dad.
The report from both of them is that it was tons of fun. Brian also jumped with Elizabeth when she graduated from high school two years ago. And the trend seems to be to try to convince me to jump with Matthew in 2018.
But I just don't know.
I mean, if God had intended for me to jump out of a perfectly good airplane, I don't think He would have given me so much common sense! *SNARKY GRIN*

Karen

No comments: