Thursday, July 21, 2016

So, What's it About?

A friend asked me the other day if the listening retreat I'm hosting in October is "for mothers".
She wanted to know - what is going to be the subject of the messages I'll be sharing?

Actually, her first question could best be answered, "Yes, and."
That is, it is for mothers - as I trust God will be speaking to every mother in attendance.
And it is for women who are not mothers - as I trust HE will be speaking to the heart of every woman who comes, whether or not she has children.

Regarding her second query, over the course of our 24 hours together I will be speaking three times. The text I will be using is Matthew 14:22-33. However, while I have in mind an outline of what I'll say, the focus of the weekend is going to be listening to God - not to me. And so, while the subject of the messages will be that passage, the content of the messages will be unique between each woman and the Holy Spirit.
Because HE knows each heart.
HE knows every woman's circumstance.
HE sees tomorrow.
And HE knows what to say.

So, what's it about?
It's about listening to God and trusting Him to speak the words we need to hear.
I cannot wait to witness what HE will do!

If you would like to register for this retreat or find out about the details, please visit my website.

Karen

No comments: