Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Kissed by the King

Last Friday, as I spent time in God's presence - working through my angst from the previous days - He showed me something wonderful. God showed me the kisses He'd been giving me. The tender ways He'd been caring for me.
Some came in the form of the kindness of a co-worker.
One was in an email from a friend.
Several of them came through comments on Friday's post. (Thank you!)
Another was a result of one of my quirks.

As I wrote the memories of them down in my journal, and considered God's perfect timing in the delivery of each one, my heart grew lighter and my smile grew bigger.

Because I had been kissed by the King!

Have you ever been kissed by God?
Ever had Him do something so sweet and kind that you just know you've been the focus of his love and attention?
Have you ever felt as if the Almighty, Himself, had just taken your face into His hands and graced your cheek with a tender kiss?
I'd love to hear about it!

Karen

8 comments:

My ADHD Me said...

I've had kisses from God and don't think I even realized they were from him. Thank you so much for reminding me!

Patricia said...

Absolutely!! The past few days we have been going through a very tough time & I find myself clinging to Jesus all.the.time. Yet, through it all things have been smoother than I thought they could be, considering the circumstances...I feel as though God has the 3 of us cradled in the palm of His hands to help us through it all.

And I know this is probably not news to many, but it is SUPER clear to me now, the more faithful I am, the easier things go & my prayers are answered!!
GOD IS SO GOOD ALL OF THE TIME!!!

Hugs!!
Patricia

Edie said...

I love that you call it being kissed by the King. I have been thinking a lot about such moments and this post just reminded me of many of them from the least to the greatest.

My post today actually describes one such moment.

His goodness and love shall follow us all the days of our lives.

Karen Hossink said...

My ADHD Me - Sometimes it's in looking back and realizing the kisses were there that I am most blessed.

Patricia - I'm clinging with you, sister.
Clinging and cradled.
It's a great place to be!

Edie - I'm on my way over! *grin*

Leah Adams said...

Oh He kissed me so often when we were going through my Daddy's cancer battle. The peace that He gave during that time...day in and day out...were incredibly sweet kisses from Him.

What a wonderful way to think about those God moments.

Leah

Karen Hossink said...

Leah - Yes, it is a wonderful way to think of them. My Daddy loving me so tenderly!

luvmy4sons said...

After such a long grueling two days...well, just hoping for a kiss...but I made it through. That's a kiss, right?

Karen Hossink said...

Leslie - I wonder how many kisses you would discover in reflecting back over the previous two days...*grin*