Tuesday, October 19, 2010

You Go, Girl!

Have I ever told you what a precious daughter I have?

She's the best!

The retreat experience this past weekend with her was great.
I particularly enjoyed watching her interact with the other teen who was there.

But the thing I have to tell you about today is a conversation the two of us had last week.
Elizabeth looked at me and said, "I'm not going to give you trouble as a teenager."
I looked back at her and smiled. "That sounds great to me." But I wondered what prompted her to come to this decision.
She explained, "I remember once when someone told you that when I was a teenager, I would give you lots of trouble. I want to prove them wrong."

I just looked at my precious daughter and said, "You go, girl!"

Karen

5 comments:

LisaShaw said...

Aww, how precious! You go girl indeed precious Elizabeth!

You sound like my youngest daughter who will graduate HS next yr and off to College. In the 8th grade she told me something similar because she was sadly witnessing a lot of difficulties we were experiencing with our now mid 20's precious daughter. Our youngest said, "Mommy, I'm praying for K and that won't be me because I won't give you and Daddy all that trouble" while it broke my heart that seeing her sis was the guide she had to use in what "not to do", she has for 5 years kept that commitment to pray for her sister and to live without bringing the trouble into her life. I really believe it's because at first the commitment was to us, her parents but she sealed it by making that commitment to GOD. He then helped her all these years to keep that commitment.

We can often tell one another things as people that we deeply mean in our hearts but when we seal it with a commitment to GOD that's even better!

Karen, Elizabeth is a jewel! But then you already know that!

Love you!

P.S. Rec'd your message on my blog and I prayed for you this morning as you go out to do the work of the LORD in MOPS.

gianna said...

Oh, may that be Maya and Brin and Dane and Omri!
Oh, PLEASE!

Go Elizabeth, you precious thing! Be good to your mama!

TheUnSoccerMom said...

awwwww!! that is just too cool!!


RYC: Nope, it seems we haven't had two seconds alone!! I don't know how couples w/ more than one child do it. My one keeps me going, going, going! :o)

Patricia said...

WOW!!!! Now THAT is music to a momma's ears!!!

THis is the VERY thing I pray for everyday for my sweet girl, who worries me with her TENACITY and SUPERSTRONG will!! I pray those qualities work to her advantage! ;)

Karen Hossink said...

Lisa - Thank you. I read your comment to Elizabeth, and I believe she was taking it to heart.
Love you!

Gianna - From what I could see, Maya is well on her way to being that precous girl. You are blessed!

Jodi - How do other people do it? I often ask the same question. There is a family at my church with, oh, nine or ten kids. I.can.not.even.imagine.that!

Patricia - And I LOVE music! *grin*
Keep reminding myself that my other children will benefit from their stubborness one day...*sigh*