Thursday, March 28, 2013

Beauty and the Beau: He's a Keeper

Those are the words which were spoken to me Monday night.

"He's a keeper."

We had a special event at work: The Dance for the Cure. It was a fundraiser for the Alzheimer's Association. And I had a few special guests join me there: my hubby, my daughter (a.k.a. Beauty), and her Beau.
Well, Beauty and the Beau made it their mission to dance with as many Edgewood residents as they could, and they brought great joy to so many!
I caught this one on video...

It delighted my heart to see the two of them dancing and bringing smiles to the faces of these men and women who are so dear to me.
Several people asked me if Beau is my son, and when I responded that he is Beauty's boyfriend, one person told me, "He's a keeper!" This man (the son of one of our residents) went on to say that he'd been watching Beau all evening - dancing with these little old ladies - and he just knew this young man is exceptional.

Have you ever heard the suggestion, If you want to know a person's character, watch how he interacts with a senior citizen? Well, let me just say, Nick passed that test with flying colors!

Besides that, when my daughter is with him, she is so happy.

Karen

2 comments:

Leah Adams said...

Not many teenagers would do what Beauty and her Beau did. Kudos to them! They gave a lot of joy to those precious senior citizens, I'm sure.

Karen Hossink said...

Leah - They sure did. It was beautiful!