Thursday, March 07, 2013

Confirmation: It's Really Happening

Tuesday I found this message in my inbox:

Visit Calvin
Calvin Visit Confirmation

And it contained (in part) this letter:
Dear Elizabeth,

I am delighted that you are planning to visit Calvin! I have begun to make the arrangements for your time on campus and thought it would be helpful to confirm the details of your visit with you.
*gulp!*

I knew it was coming. I was standing with Elizabeth when she made the reservations for our campus visits. But, somehow, the confirmation email made it all more real.

My baby girl is getting ready to leave the nest.

We'll be visiting two college campuses in Grand Rapids at the end of the month. More to come on later dates... And I need to get ready.
This is the time when my faith in my loving Father is going to carry me. I know God knows where Elizabeth will go to college. HE knows what she'll do and how she'll do it. HE has great plans, and I can trust Him.
So thankful that GOD has it all figured out!

With what (or whom) do you need to be trusting God today?

Karen

2 comments:

Leah Adams said...

Wow! Hard to believe your girlie is old enough to be thinking about college. Whew! Where does the time go???

Karen Hossink said...

Leah - I KNOW IT!