Friday, March 08, 2013

Lessons From the Edge

God's got it!

OK, this is another lesson which isn't *new* to me. Or to you, either, I suppose.
But sometimes the things we already know are worth repeating.

Ya know?

*wink*

Bingo at Edgewood is a very big thing. The residents love live for it. And for one reason or another I have been having trouble recently finding regular volunteers to call Bingo. (Mondays at 3, Thursdays and Saturdays at 7 - for any of you who might be interested...) So I often end up staying late, or going back in to call Bingo myself.
Now, you know I love my Edgewood friends, but there does come a time when I'm ready to not be there anymore.

Well, I thought I had someone lined up to call Bingo last night, but by the time I left work Wednesday afternoon - I hadn't heard from him. And in spite of my attempts to find someone else, I figured I would need to make a trip in Thursday night to call Bingo.
And I might not have been very happy about that prospect. *ahem!*

But yesterday, as I was going about my business, enjoying my day off *smile!* I got a text from my boss. And I panicked for just a second.
What did I forget to do???
But when I read the text, I learned that my "missing" Bingo caller had just called Edgewood to say he'd be there Thursday night.
I had a HUGE smile on my face as I looked heavenward and thanked God for taking care of my little details. Not always according to my schedule, but always right on time!

Are you worried about something today?
Remember: God's got it!

Karen

2 comments:

Leah Adams said...

God does have it...and He doesn't need my help most of the time.

Karen Hossink said...

Leah - Yes, I tend to offer my help, too. Offering suggestions of when and how things could be done...Silly me!
HE doesn't need my help.