Wednesday, May 18, 2016

HE Will Make a Way

What's on your heart today?

Big things? Little things? In-between things?

Any impossible things?

I have some items from each of those categories floating around in my heart and head.
*Been praying for a while about a trip I'm taking with Compassion International to Ecuador next month - asking God to work out the details so all the sponsors will be able to meet their children. The recent earthquake in Ecuador has caused some serious difficulties in making that connection happen.
*I have a certain child about whom I am constantly praying. Trusting God to do the good work HE has planned.
*Facebook posts have made me aware of many needs - both large and small - and I'm carrying them in my heart, too.
*My church is calling for a focus on prayer this month for our vision and ministry path, so I'm taking these needs to God.
*There are daily prompts via prayer-cues which God uses to bring me to my knees.
*Not to mention the issues in our nation and concerns of the day, friends in various states of need, and family members who are struggling.
There is just so much going on. So many opportunities to see distress, or feel overwhelmed. And if left to my own devices, I would likely be traveling that road to despair.

BUT, God.

We do not need to be afraid. And discouragement will not have the final say in our circumstances.
Because we serve a God who is greater.
Who is stronger.
Who is able to do immeasurably more than all we can ask or imagine.
And when I listen to HIM, I am reminded that HE will make a way where there seems to be no way. Nothing is too difficult for Him, and God is going to work out our situations according to His perfect will. All we need to do is trust and obey.
Someone needs to hear this encouragement today. If it isn't you, please keep your spiritual eyes open so when you come across that person you are ready to share it with them.

And if there is any way I may be praying for you, please let me know.
I would love to intercede on your behalf.

Karen

No comments: