Tuesday, March 27, 2018

It's the Little Things

So, yesterday I had a list of things I needed to accomplish and I got started on it right away.
After I slept in until 7:39, that is. (You know. 7:30 + one tap of the Snooze button.) Hey! I needed rest to tackle my stuff. *wink*
Got my workout in, had breakfast, got showered and ready for the day, sorted laundry and got it going, made my bed, and was ready to head out the door to go grocery shopping. Part of me wanted to delay my departure so I could put the first load of laundry in the dryer and get another wash going, but I decided to just keep moving.
I got through the store, unloaded and put away groceries, and went downstairs to switch over the laundry. But when I got down there, something was amiss. The laundry I'd left in the basket was gone. So I proceeded to the laundry room to see what was going on, and I discovered the task I planned to do was already done. And I smiled as I realized Josh had switched over the laundry for me. Without even being asked. As in, I didn't even hint about him helping.
He just did it on his own.
Of course, I wanted to acknowledge, and appreciate this behavior of his, so I sent a quick text saying, "Thanks for advancing the laundry for me."
Moments later, I got one back which said, "Thanks for going to the store!"

And that pair of behaviors (Advancing the laundry and thanking me for going to the store) blessed this momma's heart in the most beautiful way. After years of training up a child, battling over chores, longing to feel appreciated but doubting the day will ever come, your son goes and does a little thing which produces great amounts of hope. Ahhhhhh.

Who knows what I'm talking about???

Karen

No comments: