Friday, March 02, 2018

Touched by an Angel

Ahhhh, my sweet Angel continues to delight my heart.

This week she was awake when I arrived to visit, but talking didn't seem to be on her agenda for the afternoon. I told her that I'd brought my Bible along, and asked if she would like me to read to her. Seriously, I just LOVE how Angel loves listening to God's Word. She perked up and said, "Yes!"
So I opened up to the book of Acts, and started to read.
And Angel responded to what I read, as we often paused to talk about what was happening. When I got to chapter three and read, "One day Peter and John were going up to the temple at the time of prayer—at three in the afternoon," I glanced at the clock on Angel's dresser and it was...3:00. So I said, "Angel, it's the time of prayer. Should we stop and pray?" And she responded with another definitive, "Yes."
So we did.
We praised God for who He is. We worshiped Him. We thanked Him for His presence and power and graciousness. We prayed for our world, that we as a people might turn back to God in truth and faithfulness. And I'm telling you, as much as I love reading the Word to Angel, I love praying with her even more.
Mmhmmm.
Yes, Lord!
That's right.
Mmhmmm.
Amen!
She is a woman of prayer, I can just tell it.
And when she agrees with me in prayer, when I hear her heart murmurings, when I sense her joy in the Lord - I picture a woman who has been seeking Him for a lot of the past 100 years. I get the feeling she could tell stories for days and weeks of answered prayer and the faithfulness of God. I have the sense that I am in the presence of a true prayer warrior, and I am encouraged to keep on seeking God - even when it's difficult and I feel like giving up.

What a blessing it is to have my life touched by this sweet Angel.

Karen

No comments: