Thursday, March 15, 2018

"J" is for Jesus - and Jenga

So, you know I love JESUS.
And I love talking about Jesus.
Especially every Sunday morning at 9:15 with my 3rd and 4th grade girls at church.
But the girls and I have another "J" love. That is, before we start talking about Jesus - as girls are arriving to class - you can usually find us involved in a good game of Jenga.
And this past Sunday I got a picture of our tower, because I was so excited about how well we were balancing it on a relatively "skinny" base. See?

I tend to be the one who likes to take pieces from the bottom, and sometimes one or two of the girls will get into it with me. However, this particular young lady was intent on de-constructing and re-building from the top. So I was taking blocks from the bottom and putting them on top, and she was taking blocks from the next-to-the-top, and putting them on top. We kept each other on edge as we anticipated the tower toppling. (As it did right after I snapped this picture!)

The thing is, while there is nothing I love more than Jesus - and talking about HIM - my heart flows with joy by simply playing Jenga with my girls. (And Walk the Dogs. We love that game, too!)
Because if Jesus were here on earth in the flesh right now? I think He would probably make time to play with these girls. I think He would make them feel like they're really, really loved. And then I think He would tell the girls how they could have a relationship with Himself.
But since He isn't here on earth in the flesh right now, I count it a privilege to stand in and do what I think He would do.

Is there somewhere you are/could be standing in for Jesus?

Karen

No comments: