Friday, March 23, 2018

Won't You Be My Neighbor?

I grew up watching Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood on PBS.
My OLDer brother and sister used to tease me about watching a "baby show" but I didn't care.
I loved Mr. Rogers!

I had no idea this movie had been produced, but I saw the trailer earlier this week and now I really want to see the movie.
The thing is, as I watched the trailer I was reminded of how nice Mr. Rogers was. I remembered how his kindness made me feel loved - right through the TV screen. And I thought, How might our world be different if we all watched an episode of "Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood" every day?
In a place and time with so much violence and so little concern for one another, I think we would do well to spend half an hour every day singing nice songs and believing everyone around us is our neighbor.

Karen

No comments: