Friday, March 15, 2019

It's My Pleasure!

Well, my first week as "not a trainee" is complete. And, can I just say this?
Every day I worked this week, I found more reasons to love being a part of the Chick-fil-A family.
*There was the joy of humming along with familiar Christian melodies as I worked in the dining room.
*I saw several special needs kids doing tasks, and learned that they come in once a week to gain work experience - as they are given jobs to do which fit their skill-level, yet also challenge them to stretch.
*I met an "opertor candidate" volunteering in our store, and found out that in order to open a Chick-fil-A restaurant you actually need to go through a significant application process. It isn't just about having enough money to open a store. It's about character and compassion and conviction.
*And at the end of the day I received encouragement from a manager, and from our store operator. Each of them spoke words of affirmation to me. Each of them took the time to ask how I'm doing, how my adjustment is going, how I like being a part of the family. Each of them assured me that it's OK to have questions. They each cared for my heart and my feelings of worth.

And I'm telling you, working alongside people like this - being a part of an organization which truly values the worth of every human being and seeks to serve them well - inspires me not only to be my best while I'm clocked in, but to serve well wherever I am.
Because it's all for HIS glory.

Karen

No comments: