Thursday, March 14, 2019

Make: Be Intentional

Sing the glory of his name;
make his praise glorious!!!

Psalm 66:2
Are you joining me this week in memorizing and contemplating Psalm 66:2?
As I consider this verse, I think the thing which stands out most to me is the action of it.
The intentional nature - the call to a response.
And I love how God is working that call into my heart and life.
He is making me more alert. I think about how I can make his praise glorious, and I find myself actively watching for the ways He is moving and the wonders He is doing.
And He is inspiring me to be verbal. To sing (Or type, as the case may be.) the glory of his name. I have been more intentional about sharing praise for God's faithfulness on platforms like Facebook - and it has been delightful reading the responses from friends who are encouraged by my testimony.
It's just the beginning, but I feel like I am living Psalm 66.
I am eager to be shaped and molded by God in His Word.

And because I am bubbling with joy at who He is and what He does, let me just say this: Monday I became aware of a financial problem. Immediately, I prayed - because I believe God is over all of it. I know the resources are His, and the mission is His. I have full confidence that He can provide.
So I'm asking.
And I'm trusting.
Then Tuesday as I sat in my Precept class watching the video for the week's lesson, and the teacher spoke of how we respond to things like financial struggles (Random example he pulled out of the air? Maybe. Or, maybe God was orchestrating the details for me.) by prayer or by panic, and I recalled praying the night before and surrendering to God in faith - I felt like God took my face in His hands and looked into my eyes and said to me, Rest, child. I've got this.
He met me in the middle of the afternoon, in the middle of a video (which was probably recorded years ago), and He spoke encouragement to my heart.
I just had to tell you about it!

How is God leading you to make His praise glorious???

Karen

No comments: