Friday, March 01, 2019

I Pray

I have a list of prayer requests in my Precept folder.
We pass a fresh sheet of paper around the room each week so requests may be shared and updated - and every day before I begin my study I pour over that list with the Lord.

I read articles and opinion pieces on issues ranging from the recent vote on the abortion survivors bill - to the UMC conference decision - to the unrest in Venzuela, and my heart breaks over the brokenness in our world. So I come to God and beg for mercy. For healing. For transformed hearts and renewed conviction that His ways are right.

I receive a monthly prayer calendar from Compassion International, and every day I read a new request and bring it before my Father - believing that He has the wisdom, the power, the grace to meet the need.

I regularly find prayer requests in my email folder from various sources and organizations, and I stop to pray for them before going on to another message. Because I believe God is listening.

I get a text from a friend, "I really need prayer. Please pray that we can keep our emotions down." I reply, "Praying for your emotions." And I do pray. Knowing God knows the specifics of the moment, and exactly what is needed in the situation.

Three days a week I do my planks, and I pray for those who need strength and grace to get through some overwhelming struggles.

As I am out driving and I see yellow cars, I pray for a particular young lady - because God has given me that cue to pray for her, and I know He is thinking about her and He knows her need. (Many yellow cars this week!)

I pray before I write blog posts, and before I respond to posts on Facebook - because I want my words to reflect HIM.

I pray all the time, about everything, because I believe in God. HE is my hope. My only hope. I believe HE listens and moves and works. And I don't want to try making it through a single day without Him.

And just as I'm finishing writing this post, I get another text from that friend. "Thank you for the prayers! Amazingly enough exactly when we got into a heated discussion you and two other people had just checked in on me saying you were praying. That is a big God thing! Since then we were able to calmly talk and it was very good. Thank you so much!"
And I say, Thank You, LORD! Thank YOU for listening and loving and moving on our behalf.

How about you, friend? Have you called upon the LORD today?

Karen

No comments: