Thursday, March 21, 2019

So Great is HIS Power

Are you working in memorizing Psalm 66:3 this week?
In case you need to be reminded, here it is:

Say to God, "How awesome are your deeds! So great is your power that your enemies cringe before you."

Psalm 66:3
I don't know about you, but when life gets really hard for me I need to be reminded how AWESOME are God's deeds. How GREAT is His power. Because when I'm facing overwhelming challenges it can get easy to forget the faithfulness and strength I have seen come from His hand in the past.
That is why I am so encouraged by this psalm - the constant reminder to praise God, and by this verse in particular - with its recollection of God's great power.
And do you know what story comes to my mind when I think of God's enemies cringing before Him?
I mean, there are so many of them, but the one I'd love to share with you today is from 2 Chronicles 2:1-30. It's the story of King Jehoshaphat's army facing an attack by three other armies. Jehoshaphat and his men were terrified, but God stepped in and demonstrated His power.
The link above will take you to the 2 Chronicles passage on Biblegateway, so if you don't have your Bible right by your side just click the link and read the account of this battle.
*As you read, notice the position of Jehoshaphat's army in verse 12.
*What encouragement does God bring to them in verse 15?
*Notice what happens in verse 22. Including the order of events.
*How does verse 29 line up with our Psalm 66 verse this week?
And, finally, my friend - how is God speaking to your heart today? For what circumstance in your life do you need the encouragement that God's power is so great His enemies (and yours!) cringe before Him?

Karen

No comments: