Tuesday, March 26, 2019

That Watchman Thing

So, I mentioned it in the video yesterday.
I said I feel like God's Spirit is calling mine - through the study I'm doing in Ezekiel, and through verse 4 of Psalm 66 - to speak more boldly for Him. For Truth.
And, to me, that nugde is simultaneously exhilarating and scary.
Exhilarating because to be in step with God, to be on mission with Him for what He wants to do in the world is the most amazing thing I can consider doing. And scary, because most of the world who isn't walking with the LORD doesn't want to hear about it. Like the people of Ezekiel's time, most of them are rebellious and uninterested in Truth.
Thus, the timid side of me wants to back down. Wants to say that call was for Ezekiel.
In his time.
It isn't for me, because I haven't had the word of the LORD come to me the same way Ezekiel did. And, therefore, I have an out!
Except, that reasoning doesn't hold, and I know it. When I felt the nudge the first time it was mentioned in Ezekiel, I was able to use the above logic to push it aside. (Yes, I am making a confession here...) When it came back in full force as we studied chapter 33, I was pretty sure the LORD was speaking to me. And when He nudged me further with Psalm 66:4, I simply couldn't deny it.

God says over and over in Ezekiel 3 and 33 that the watchman's job is to warn the people of coming judgement. At that point, it is up to the individual to decide whether they will turn from their wickedness and live - or continue on the path they have chosen and die.
The response of the one warned is not the responsibility of the watchman.
His (or her!) job is simply to warn.
To tell the Truth.
To be faithful to God's call.
And that is what I intend to do.
So I am taking steps of faith, asking God to show me what He wants me to do. I'm asking Him to fill me with the words HE wants me to say - and to keep my mouth closed except for those words. I'm trusting Him to lead me in the way He wants me to go.
May the Holy Spirit so fill me that I move in step with Him and carry out His agenda every day of my life.

How is His heart speaking to yours through these words?

Karen

No comments: