Friday, March 22, 2019

It's My Pleasure

If you know me at all, you know the Truth of God is very important to me.
My heart longs for the world to know Truth.
THE Truth.
THE ONLY Truth.
My heart breaks (As I believe God's does also!) when HIS Truth is distorted or maligned.
And it breaks even more when I see people believing the lies.

If you know me at all, you also know prayer is my heartbeat.
My lifeline.
My connection to the One who can do all things.

So, I trust you'll understand why I was delighted when I saw the Lord bring those two passions together this week while I was at work.
That is to say, a couple of times I have noticed small groups of Mormon missionaries coming in for lunch. It has always been my habit to pray for these young men and women when I see them - in the grocery store, or riding their bikes along the street - and now, sitting at a table enjoying some chicken.
But Monday as I stood behind the counter taking "Sister Stirling's" order (because we always ask for a name with each order) it occured to me, Now I know her name! I can pray for this young woman by name. Not that God will hear more or better when I speak to Him using her name, but I feel more committed to her because I know her name. Stirling is no longer an anonymous soul to me, no longer just "someone" who needs to know the Truth of who Jesus is.
She has a name, and I know it.
She has become more personal to me.
I am reminded that she was created in God's image, and is deeply loved by Him.
And it truly is my pleasure, my joy, my delight to bring her before the LORD - asking Him to expose the lies she has believed, and to reveal the Truth of Who He Is.
Because Stirling needs to know.

Karen

No comments: