Thursday, August 18, 2011

I'm Outta Here

I cannot begin to explain how excited I am today. Though, I imagine most of you will understand.

I am leaving tonight to attend the Women of Faith conference in Indianapolis tomorrow and Saturday. Hopping on a bus with a bunch of other women, and gettin' away. Oh, yeah!!!!
It's been two years since I've been to one of these conferences and I am so glad to be able to attend this year.

On top of that, it was much easier for me to prepare to go away this time because, well, because I'm making my hubby and kids work a little harder. Usually when I go away for an extended period of time I make all their dinners before I leave, so they can just pop them in the oven. But not this time.
No sir!
It's time to stop babying them.
There is one casserole in the freezer from a double-batch I made recently, but they're going to have to make their own dinner the other two nights. Oh, I've left the recipes and bought all the ingredients, but THEY have to put it together.

This is a big step for me, friends.

Kinda like letting go a bit.

Letting go of control.

Acknowledging that maybe they don't NEED me for EVERYTHING.

But it's also a step toward freedom. Because, honestly, the biggest reason I always made dinners in the past is because I felt guilty for leaving them. Like I wasn't fulfilling my duties if I left them without something good to eat. And I am learning to step away from feeling guilty for taking care of me.

Ah, yes. This is going to be a good weekend. Thank You, Jesus!
*************************************************
Don't worry though, I won't leave you hanging. My Lessons From the Edge post is all set to go for tomorrow. Not out of guilt, mind you. Rather because I'm still a creature of habit, and I couldn't leave Friday without an entry. *wink*

Karen

3 comments:

TheUnSoccerMom said...

Oh Yay!!

I hear ya about feeling guilty. When Jon and I go to the movies w/out Christen, I feel guilty that she's not with us! I must get over that...

Praying you have a GREAT time and that God blesses your trip and your time at the conference! :o)

Larie Carlice Proverbs 27:19 said...

Be sure to take bunches of photos!

smooches,
Larie

Patricia said...

ENJOY your special weekend!!!