Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Call Me SLOW

Seriously.

Just call me Slow.

And watch me shake my head in wonder at God's great patience with me. *sheepish grin*

Last Friday I got annoyed.
I was trying to get some things done. And I got interrupted.
Need I say more?

But I didn't want to be rude, so I continued the conversation - making quick plans for Saturday; contemplating how those plans might interfere with the things I wanted to get done Saturday. All the while thinking, I have other things to do right now...

And then it occured to me.

I think it was the still small voice speaking to my heart which got my attention.

It went something like this: Karen, darling, do you suppose I might have better plans for your time tomorrow? Even now? Do you suppose I might be planning to use you to bless this person? Will you trust Me?

I just stood there, shaking my head. Wondering when I will ever get past my selfish, self-centered nature that always thinks of 'me' and 'my agenda' first. *sigh*
But I'm learning not to beat myself up with negative thinking, so I moved past those thoughts and smiled at God. I do trust Him. And I was confident He was up to something good.

Sure enough, the next day I picked up my friend and we had a delightful time together. It was a beautiful day. She really needed to 'get out of the house', and I was able to help her do it.
And?
I was able to get the other things done which I needed to do Saturday. Yes. God took care of all the details. Just like He always does. I should have known He would.

Yeah.

Call me Slow.
*wink*

Karen

3 comments:

TheUnSoccerMom said...

Once again... God is speaking straight to me through your words. I needed this and so happy you listened and were blessed b/c of it! :o)

Karen Hossink said...

Jodi - You know, sometime we're going to have to meet IRL, so God can just speak to us face-to-face. *grin*

Larie Carlice Proverbs 27:19 said...

Karen I can only call you slow because I call myself slow...I so understand!

smooches,
Larie