Thursday, August 25, 2011

One of the Benefits...

...of having a four-year-old around.

Besides the extra noise, unending questions, and increased demand for one's time, there is pure joy in having our guest this week.

Wednesday afternoon M was playing with Matthew in the basement while I was making dinner. Matthew brought her upstairs with a sad look on her face. He told me she'd hurt her leg, and then she let a few tears fall. I picked her up, hugged her, gave her a kiss, and asked where she was hurting. She gave a general indication of somewhere on her left leg and I looked at it and rubbed it gently. Then I looked into her eyes and said, "Do you know what the good news is? You're going to be just fine!"
M repeated, "I'm going to be just fine?"
I nodded, and she got down out of my arms and ran back downstairs to play.

As I marveled over her 'quick recovery' it occurred to me how often I'm just like that with God. Are you? How many times do we get scared, think we're hurt, and run to Him? And all we really need is for God to hold us and tell us we're going to be OK.

I love His big, strong arms. I love that I'm safe when He holds me.

Karen

1 comment:

Larie Carlice Proverbs 27:19 said...

Yeah, I'm the same way! ;)

smooches,
Larie